How it works

The point of this blog is to generate challenges to provide my life with adventure, personal growth, and to meet people in interesting ways. In order to do this, I need challenges. I expect it to take anywhere from a week to two months for me to complete my challenges, whether because I am preparing for some one-time event at the end of "training," because the opportunity to complete the challenge isn't a daily thing, or that is how long I need to do something.

To submit a challenge to me, reply to any post. While challenges can be as simple as "Do _____ while ______ing," but I would also appreciate more information, such as a suggestion of how long I have to complete my challenge, approximate costs if I have to buy all of the equipment involved, anything else that seems useful. After evaluating the entries, I will post about a few of them, and the ones with the best responses will be added to a poll to vote.

While I do reserve the privilege to decline challenges I do not see to be in line with the spirit of my adventure, I will give serious consideration to all submissions.

Friday, September 2, 2011

Challenge 4

Challenge 4: Finishing projects

I have a few projects lying around that I have been neglecting. In an effort to get them finished up, I am giving myself until next Saturday, the 10th of September to get them done.

Homemade Nerf Gun:
I have the pressure chamber mostly assembled, along with my plunger. I need to make the catch and trigger system and attach the adapter that will stop the plunger on the barrel end. I still need to find a barrel material that will fit my darts and/or find some foam backer rod to make my own.
I have a lead to find some places to try finding tube, but none of them are sure bets.
To consider this completed, I will need to be capable of dry-firing my gun, have a handle on it and have the trigger attached.
Frosting on the cake would be a working barrel for my intended darts.

Foxhole Radio:
I believe I have all the pieces for this. Completion will depend on if I can get it working well enough to hear static since I have not made a slider to adjust the frequency in this round. It is a first run trial.

Stove-top Smoker:
This is based on some of the smokers I have seen in instructables.com and I decided to modify mine to work with my stovetop instead of a reworked heating pad. To consider this completed, I will have to test it and either determine it is crap and in need of refinement or I must cook with it and make an instructable for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment